Specimen inventory management
- Assign unique identification number to each specimen and capture relevant clinical data
- Catalog specimens to participants, protocols, departments, investigators, institutions, disease sites, anatomical locations, etc.
- Divide samples into new specimens with new unique ID and associated data
- Track specimen from collection through freezing/thawing and possible destruction
- HIPAA compliant with ability to de-identify data
Highly configurable repository
- Manage multiple biospecimen repositories
- Collect specimens per protocol calendar timepoints or via single event timepoint (e.g. tissue collection, blood draw)
- Track/upload consents and other documents
- Design freezer/storage container configuration to mimic physical storage
- Easily query specimen repository for specific sample type
- Multiple configurable reports for inventory, QA, consents, manifest creation/tracking, invoice creation/tracking, and more.
Specimen manifests and invoicing/payment tracking
- Specimen manifest creation with ability to create pdf version
- Manage invoicing for specimen distribution and payment tracking
In 1995 DDOTS was engaged by an NCI-sponsored community clinical oncology program to develop software for patient tracking and scheduling. DDOTS now has over 65 NCI research sites and 3,000 oncology research base study schemas in its database. With the development of BIOSPEC, the commitment to the NCI Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources continues. Section B.5 of this document: “Biospecimen Resource Informatics: Data Management and Inventory Control and Tracking” has served as a guideline for specific elements of BIOSPEC.